• Characterization of chemically decorated graphene
Graphene, one-atom-thick planar sheets of sp2-bonded carbon atoms that are densely packed in a honeycomb crystal lattice, is the basic structural element of some carbon allotropes including fullerenes (0D), carbon nanotubes (1D) and graphite (3D). Graphene is a perfect 2D crystalline structure with very high electron mobility and other interesting properties. It has become an ideal object for both fundamental studies and future electronic applications.
The current research of graphene related materails in Prof. N. Wang's graoup mainly includes:
• Fabrication methods of graphene and its devices.
• Characteriaztion of fundamental issues of transport properties at cyrogenic temperature and magnetic field.
• Investigation of chemically decorated graphene -- structures and transport properties
• Metal cluster induced strong electron localiztion and magnetoresistance effects.
• Modifying graphene electronic properties by high-energy electron beam irradiation.
• quantum capacitance
Recent collaboration and joint publications:
• W. Li, Y.H. He, L. Wang, G.H. Ding, Z.Q. Zhang, R. W. Lortz, P. Sheng and N. Wang, "Electron Localization in Metal-decorated Graphene", Phys. Rev. B84 （2011） 045431. see more...
• Y. H. He, L. Wang, X. L. Chen, Z. F. Wu, W. Li, Y. Cai, N. Wang, "Modifying electronic transport properties of graphene by electron beam irradiation", Appl. Phys. Lett. 99 (2011) 033109. see more...
• J.M. LU, H.J. Zhang, W. Shi, Z. Wang,Y. Zheng, T. Zhang, N. Wang, Z.K. P. Sheng, "Graphene Magnetoresistance Device in van der Pauw Geometry", Nano Lett.11 (2011) 2973. see more...
• L. Wang, X.L. Chen, Y. Wang, Z.F. Wu, W. Li, Y. Han, M.W. Zhang, Y.H. He, C. Zhu, K.K. Fung, N.Wang, "Modification of electronic properties of top-gated graphene devices by ultrathin yttrium-oxide dielectric layers", Nanoscale, 5(3), (2013)1116-1120.
• Wei Li, Xiaolong Chen, Lin Wang, Yuheng He, Zefei Wu, Yuan Cai, Mingwei Zhang, Yang Wang, Yu Han, Rolf Lortz, Zhao-qing Zhang, Ping Sheng, Ning Wang, "Density of States and Local Flucturations Determined by Capacitance of Strongly Disordered Graphene", Scientific Reports, 3(2012)1772.
• X. L. Chen, L. Wang, W. Li, Y. Wang, Y. H. He, Z. F. Wu, Y. Han, M. W. Zhang, W. Xiong, and N. Wang*, “Negative compressibility observed in graphene containing resonant impurities”, Appl./ Phys. Lett. 102(2013)203103.
• Wenhao Guo , Shuigang Xu , Zefei Wu , Ning Wang , M. M. T. Loy and Shengwang Du, “Oxygen-Assisted Charge Transfer Between ZnO Quantum Dots and Graphene”, Small 2013 Mar 21. doi: 10.1002/smll.201202855.
• Lin Wang, Yang Wang, Xiaolong Chen, Wei Zhu, Chao Zhu, Zefei Wu, Yu Han, Mingwei Zhang, Wei Li, Yuheng He, Wei Xiong, Kam Tuen Law, Dangsheng Su & Ning Wang. “Negative Quantum Capacitance Induced by Midgap States in Single-layer Graphene”, Scientific Reports 3 (2013)2041.
• Xiaolong Chen, Lin Wang, Wei Li, Yang Wang, Zefei Wu, Mingwei Zhang, Yu Han, Yuheng He, Ning Wang, “Electron-Electron Interactions in Monolayer Graphene Quantum Capacitors”, Nano Research, 6（2013）619-626.
• Lin Wang, Xiaolong Chen,, Wei Zhu, Yang Wang, Chao Zhu, Zefei Wu, Yu Han, Mingwei Zhang, Wei Li, Yuheng He, and Ning Wang , “Detection of resonant impurities in graphene by quantum capacitance measurement”, Phys. Rev. B 89 (2014) 075410.